
I originally downloaded the app to listen to my favorite local radio station while my mother was sick and I was travelling back and forth to Florida every week. It was free and it worked great for that, but it wasn't until recently that I realized the joys of custom stations! iHeartRadio allows you to create a custom station based on an artist or a song. While you're listening you are able to give the song a thumbs up, or a thumbs down, to tell the program whether you want to hear more or less songs like the one playing. It's awesome!
I listen to music mostly in the car and when I exercise. In both places I like upbeat, energetic music. So who do you go to for inspiration? How about Pitbull? Yeah, I know...not your typical mommy music,but I love his music and how it makes me want to move. I plug my iPhone into my mommy mobile and away I go! I wonder what the people driving next to me think when they see me jamming at a stop light?
If you don't have a particular artist or song in mind, iHeartRadio also has Original stations, like Rockin' Workout Radio, or Love Songs Radio. I haven't used these much, but it's nice to know that they're there, if I want a bigger variety of songs.
If you don't have a particular artist or song in mind, iHeartRadio also has Original stations, like Rockin' Workout Radio, or Love Songs Radio. I haven't used these much, but it's nice to know that they're there, if I want a bigger variety of songs.
If you've never listened to iHeartRadio, I do have one caution for you. A lot, and I mean A LOT, of the songs on the regular radio are edited versions. Some songs you just know are radio versions, like anything by Eminem, but thanks to this app I now know that Enrique Iglesias isn't "loving" you at all, and Cee-lo Green doesn't want to "forget" you. You might be surprised by what some of your favorite singers originally recorded, but can't be played on the radio!
So thank you, iHeartRadio, for giving us the uncensored truth! I love that you keep me motivated to move and you allow me to give you feedback on what I like and don't like. I also love that my custom stations are available on my computer and my phone! I <3 iHeartRadio!
Do you have a favorite iHeartRadio station? Or do you prefer iTunes, where you have complete control?
BTW - I was not compensated or encouraged in any way to write this post. It was all me!
No comments:
Post a Comment