Today I started the Perfect 10 Diet (P 10). I weighed myself and measured my waist (yikes, on both accounts!), but I don't know that I'm ready to share that here just yet. My first thought was that if I told y'all how much I weigh and how big my stomach is, you would be able to better appreciate the progress that I will make. My second thought though was "What if I don't stick to this and I don't lose anything? Then everyone will know what a cow I am!" Unfortunately, I went with my second thought and will keep track somewhere else until I've seen some major improvements! I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday, but I can't help it. I'll update with my weight loss (or gain) everyday and will track my exercise here too!
Anyway, on to food and exercise. This morning for breakfast I ate 2 eggs cooked in real butter (since I'm not allowed to use cooking spray). I should have eaten more than that, but I wasn't prepared, and didn't have a lot in the house. After breakfast I put my 2 year old in the stroller and we walked for just over 30 minutes. For lunch I ate a leftover chicken breast and a honeycrisp apple. Amazingly, I'm not really that hungry. I'll have a handful of almonds for my mid-afternoon snack and then something light and healthy for dinner...I'm thinking maybe soup, since it's easy!
I'm wondering if I'll be able to get my husband on board for this way of eating. He typically follows the South Beach Diet principles, but with his own twist. The problem is that he eats a lot of processed foods that contain preservatives, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, etc...It will be hard to convince him to give those foods up since he is still maintaining a healthy weight. I guess time will tell! I'm also wondering how to apply this diet to my kids eating habits without having a revolt on my hands. Baby steps...
No comments:
Post a Comment